Back to school organization is something many of us struggle with. There is so much that needs to be organized it can be hard to keep straight. Learn some great school organization systems that you can use. In this post, you’ll learn some great DIY back to school organization tips, how to organize school papers, and so much more than this year you’ll be super organized.
Becoming organized for back to school is something that I struggle with year after year. Every year it really does seem that summer comes and goes way too quickly leaving me scrambling to get everything the kids need for school and getting the house organized so we can have a successful school year.
Below are some great ways to become organized for back to school. You’ll find ways to organize different areas for back to school like the backpack, how to organize the kids, and so much more.
Need other organizing ideas? Here are some great ones:
Back to school organization
There is so much to organize for getting everyone ready for school I’ve got you covered with some great back to school tips that will organize many different areas that need to be organized.
Below you will find the list categorized to help you out better.
How do you organize back to school?
The easiest way to organize for back to school is to:
- Create a space for your kids to store their backpacks and other school items.
- Have a designated snack and breakfast station for them to ensure proper eating habits.
- Set up a homework station that is away from common distractions like the TV, the internet, games, etc.
- Have laundry sorted and clothes picked out ahead of time.
- Set up a night-time routine so your kids are getting enough sleep.
How can I make back to school easier?
The transition from summertime fun time to back to school is hard. However, taking care of a few things the night before can really make a huge difference. Here are some easy ways to make getting back to school a little bit easier:
- Make lunch the night before.
- Pick out your clothes the night before.
- Pack up backpacks and make sure papers are signed the night before.
- Start a nighttime routine about a week before school starts which includes a good bedtime and wake up time.
- Set up breakfast and snacking stations for easy and healthy grab and go food choices.
Back to school organization checklists
One way to keep you organized is to know what needs to be done and what needs to be purchased. Having back to school checklists will do just that.
This will help you remember when, what, and who needs to be shopped for. There’s nothing worse than forgetting really important items and then seeing that all of the stores are sold out!
Organizing for back to school at home
Once you get all of the shopping done, you’ll need to organize the items at home. Creating a hub and organizing the clothes are something that will really help you know where everything is helping to eliminate the night before scramble.
Back to school organization lunch, snack, and menu planning
Making sure your kids are eating healthy throughout the school year is vital to learning and growing. When you have organized systems in place this can become a simple task. Creating lunch planners and organizing the fridge and pantry for easy lunch prep is here. Below are some great examples of what you can do.
Before and after school routines
Routines can be somewhat confusing and overwhelming to put into place. I’ve personally seen first hand how well they can help save time and keep everyone organized. Setting up routines for kids is key to getting them to school on time and getting enough sleep. It’s a must for back to school organization.
How to Organize School Papers
Homework isn’t just for high school kids. Homework is being assigned earlier and earlier. Having designated homework areas will allow kids to excel at their school work and help with school organization. Keeping all of the supplies in one place and having a well-lit area is key. Here are a few examples you can use to create an organized homework area.
How can I keep my school supplies organized?
You have a backpack full of essentials now what? It can be challenging to keep the school supplies organized. Here are some simple ways to keep the school supplies organized:
- Use a pencil and pen pouch or case.
- Keep folders and spiral notebooks for each subject.
- Use a planner.
- Clean out your backpack each evening.
- Color code subjects, for example, use red for Math, yellow for English, green for Science, and so on. You can easily know what folder or notebook goes with each subject.
Extra tips for staying organized in middle school and high school
For those of you who are bouncing from teacher to teacher throughout the day, it can be a little tricky staying on track and keeping yourself organized. Here are some simple back to school organization idea you can try:
- Keep a planner and add due dates to your assignments.
- Color code your classes, for example, use red for Math, yellow for English, green for Science, and so on. You can easily know what folder or notebook goes with each subject.
- Clean out your backpack each evening.
- Clean out your locker once a week.
- Keep an eye on your progress once a week on your schools’ online program.
- Check your school email once or twice a day.
I hope that you found this post useful and are coming away with some great ideas for back to school organization. These tips should help you organize school papers and keep your whole family organized for back to school.
I would love to know in the comments below, when do you start back to school shopping? Let me know in the comments below. I’ve added a few posts below that I thought you might enjoy.
Have an amazing day.