The crock pot is definitely one of the greatest kitchen inventions. Every kitchen has one and it is often underestimated or overlooked. However, the crock pot can be a savior when you are running short on cooking time. It is possible to make healthy crock pot meals which will save you time.
Cooking tasty and healthy meals on your crock pot is easy as 123 and there are quite a few reasons to use your crock pot more often. Especially, if you are cooking for a family and you often find yourself overwhelmed by other household chores and workplace responsibilities.
It must be noted that healthy crock pot meals are easy to prepare even by newbies in the kitchen. Hence, make sure to have a crock pot even if you have recently set up home and taken up kitchen duties.
Read further for all the information you need in regards to cooking tasty and healthy crock pot meals, including, a list of reasons why you should pay more attention to your crock pot.
Why Use the Crockpot More Often
There are numerous reasons why you should use your crock pot more often but listed below are the primary ways in which having and using a crock pot can prove to be advantageous.
- Crock pots are relatively inexpensive but very useful kitchen utensils.
- Crockpot meals do not need constant monitoring. Hence, you can put up your food for cooking and get busy doing something else.
- Crock pots are the ideal vessels to cook delicious soups and stews in. These slow cookers lock in all flavors and what you get is a delicious meal that is also healthy and wholesome.
- Crock pots are characterized by one-step cooking, which means you can put all ingredients into your pot and let it cook slowly. This gives you time to complete other chores like the laundry or house cleaning.
Why it will make healthy crock pot meals that will save you time
- When you are cooking with inexpensive cuts of meat that take time to tenderize; crock pots come to the rescue. Just put your meat in and let the crock pot do its magic. The crock pot will lock in all flavors and what you have a great yet inexpensive meal.
- When you simply do not have the time to cook crock pots can replace your need for food that is ordered in from a restaurant. This way you can save on money and at the same time enjoy healthy, tasty, and wholesome meals.
- Your crock pot uses less electricity than your microwave which makes a lot more sense when you are trying to cut down on utility bills.
- When a crock pot allows you to slowly cook a meal in 6 to 10 hours, you can run a wide range of errands outside the home without worrying about what is on the menu. It does not get any more time saving then this.
Add crock pot cooked meals to your weekly menu; especially on the days that you find yourself way too busy. When you have kids to get to soccer practice, music lessons or any other extracurricular activities or you need some time to shop and replenish your groceries; your crock pot can do the cooking for you while you are out.
Crock pot to the rescue!
Not only can you make tasty and healthy meals with your crock pot but it will help with meal planning. You can make a double batch and freeze it or have leftovers for later in the week or the next day. I have to say that our crock pot has saved me more than once!
Crockpot Vegetarian Meals
Whether you are a vegetarian or a meat eater, there is definitely a delicious meal that you can cook in crock pot. Examples of wholesome vegetarian meals that can be cooked in a crock pot are the following:
- A light yet nutritious split pea soup
- A plant-protein rich lentil soup
- Another protein-rich multi-bean soup
- The traditional red beans and rice
- The delicious and beloved potato corn chowder
- Another traditional minestrone soup
Non-Veg Healthy Crock pot Meals
For non-vegetarians, the crock pot is a real savior that truly tenderizes tough meat cuts. Here are some examples of delicious non-veg crock pot meals:
- A tasty chicken noodle soup
- The traditional chicken cacciatore
- Beloved chicken enchiladas
- A wholesome whole chicken and veggie concoction
- Exotic chicken and wild rice soup
- And the widely favored chicken stew
Once again; adding crock pot meals to your weekly menu on the days you find yourself busy is also an opportunity to enjoy any of the delicious vegetarian or non-vegetarian dishes mentioned above.
In conclusion, crock pot meals will not only save time but also the effort that goes into cooking. Your crock pot allows you to get other things done while your food is being prepared. Last but definitely not the least, you get to enjoy wholesome, healthy, and delicious meals cooked in your crock pot.