Make your own fun DIY fall graphic tee. Follow the step by step tutorial to make your own handmade graphic tee using either a Cricut or Cameo cutting machine.
I love all of the fun fall tee’s but to buy new ones each year can add up. I created 2 different fall graphic tees using my Cricut cutting machine. These are really easy to make and you can switch up the colors to make them your own.
Other fun projects you might enjoy
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. You can read my full disclosure here.
Supplies to Make a DIY Fall Graphic Tee
To make either or both of these DIY fall graphic tee’s you’ll need a few supplies.
- T-Shirt – I used white but you can use any color you’d like, grey, black, or even orange would work well.
- Iron-on vinyl – HTV is the type of vinyl you’ll want to use. You can use different colors. Colors to keep in mind are white, black, orange, or even grey.
- Weeding tools – I have found this is a wonderful investment. They will make your life easier when working with vinyl.
- Cricut or Cameo – I personally use a Cricut. Either cutting machine will work.
- Iron – You can invest in the Cricut Heat Press or you can use an old fashioned iron (like me).
- Ironing board – You’ll need an ironing board or ironing sheet/pad to use while ironing on the vinyl.
- Parchment paper – This will go between your shirt and the iron so the iron won’t melt the vinyl.
- Free cut file – To make these tees you’ll need to download the free cut file. You can do so below.
How to Make a DIY Fall Graphic Tee
Since I used my Cricut machine to make these fall graphic tee’s I’ll be sharing the step by step instructions using their software. To make these DIY fall graphic tee you’ll follow these steps:
Time needed: 10 minutes.
- Upload free file to Cricut
Download the Zip file and then extract the files. Upload both PNG files to the Cricut Design Space program.
- Resize the image
You’ll then want to resize the image to the size you’ll need it to fit to the t-shirt size you’re making.
- Set your Cricut to mirror
Since the vinyl you’ll be using is heat transfer you’ll want to set your machine to mirror. Then make the cut.
- Weed out the extra vinyl
Weed out all of the extra vinyl.
- Place the vinyl shiny side up
Place the vinyl with the plastic side up on the t-shirt of your choosing.
- Iron to secure
Using a piece of parchment paper place that in between the the vinyl and iron to prevent the vinyl from melting. Iron them for 30 seconds and then test to see if the vinyl has attached.
Remove the plastic liner and then place the parchment over the vinyl and then iron over the vinyl to secure it in place.
By following those steps you can make your own fall graphic tees. They are completely customizable and much cheaper to make at home then buy new.