What does your home management routine look like? Do you have a set routine, or do you feel like you’re just keeping up with all of the things you need to do in your home?
Whether you’re great at home management, or you could use some extra help, there are some things you can do to make home management simpler and easier.
Other Related Content
- How to Create an Amazing Stay-At-Home Mom Schedule
- Time Management Tips for Home: How to Save Your Day In 20 Minutes
- How to Be Productive: Time Management for Moms
Eliminate the Unessential from Your Home Management Routine
What would it mean to you if you could free up extra time in your days? Would you tackle a project you’ve been putting off? Go see a movie? Take your kids out for ice cream? Take a NAP?
Most of us could use some extra time in our days, I included! That’s why I love learning about things people have STOPPED doing to make more time, be more efficient, or just take some unnecessary responsibilities off their plates. Some of the ideas would only save a minute or two, and others would be huge time savers. Here are some examples:
- Stop using flat sheets. Use a washable comforter or quilt instead, and wash it along with your fitted sheet. Save time folding, and making the bed.
- Stop matching and folding socks. Here’s how.
- After doing laundry, immediately hang clean towels on hooks in bathrooms. If you do laundry frequently, this could eliminate the need to fold towels.
- Invest in a Roomba and stop vacuuming. (Very expensive, but quite a time-saver!)
Experiment with not doing some of the tasks you regularly build into your routine and see what happens. You’ll quickly see what can be eliminated, and what needs to stay!
Keep Your Most-Important Tasks
After you’ve eliminated the non-essentials from your home management routine, it’s time to focus on the things that absolutely need to get done. Here are some ideas:
Over time, you can begin to build your own routine of essential tasks that will keep your home running smoothly. Prioritize those essential tasks, and let the “extras” slide for a while. You might find that you end up with more time to do things you actually want to do instead of always cleaning and decluttering.
Need more home management ideas? Organizing Moms has a variety of home management tips to help make your home life less messy and less stressful.
What is your best Home Management Tip?