Having a phone case will help prolong your phone life. Learn how to clean a phone case to keep your phone in tip top shape.
Have you ever thought about how many times you pick up your phone on a daily basis? On average any person uses and pick up their phone anywhere from 100 to 200 times. Now, most of you might be using phone cases and think about what surfaces the case comes in contact on a daily basis. You put it in your pocket, put it on many dirty surfaces like tables at public places, and use it with sweaty hands sometimes and whatnot.
Here are some other posts you may like:
- House Cleaning Tips for Busy Moms
- Simple Bathroom Cleaning and Sanitizing Tips
- Setting Up a Monthly Cleaning Schedule
How to clean a phone case
All these things will make your phone case dirty over time and on top of that, you might be carrying many germs with you on your phone case. So maybe it is time to clean up your phone case and make things healthier and better. Walking through this easy process, you can clean any phone case at your home.
Supplies you will need to clean a phone case:
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. You can read my full disclosure here.
Cleaning a phone does not require many things. Below is a list of things you will need to clean your phone case:
- Some dish soap liquid
- Some warm water
- A clean toothbrush
- A microfiber cloth
- Some Isopropyl Alcohol
- Baking soda
Directions for cleaning your phone case
First of all, as is obvious, take your phone out of the case and keep it somewhere safe where it won’t get wet while you clean your phone case.
- Add a little dish soap liquid in 200ml water. You need the water to be soapy but too much dish soap will make the mixture overly sudsy. So keep that in mind as well
- Dip the toothbrush in soapy water and gently rub it on the case back and forth to clean the dirty areas. If you rub too hard, some cases might be scratched
- If there are still stains even after cleaning with the soap water, put a little baking soda over the stains. It can clean off stubborn stains without being too abrasive
- Clean the case with water and wipe it clean with the microfiber cloth
- Let the case dry up by itself for about an hour so that all the moisture dry up
These instructions are meant for soft silicone type cases, which are more common. If you have a hard plastic case, you just follow the above instruction and wipe the case with a microfiber cloth dipped in Isopropyl alcohol.
How often should you clean your phone case
If you follow the above instructions carefully, you will have a clean, germ-free phone case. Although it is, a little time consuming but you must keep in mind that might be coming in contact with dirt and bacteria through your phones. Therefore, it is a good habit to clean your phone case as often as possible. Ideally, you should clean the case at least once a month if not more.
Why you need to clean your phone case
As talked about above, phones are something you all use every day extensively. You keep them on restaurant tables, office desks, floors, bathrooms sinks and every kind of surface in between. Therefore, it should be obvious that they do not remain dirt and germ-free at any rate. Nobody wants germs and dirt, right? So, keep your phone cases clean and be healthy.
I hope that this post has helped you learn how to clean a phone case. By cleaning your phone case regularly you’ll have fewer germs to worry about in and on your phone.
Thank you so much for stopping by. Have an amazing day.