How to decorate a gift basket is not so a difficult question to answer. If you let your imaginations run wild, there are practically unlimited possibilities of making and decorating a gift basket. In this post, you’ll learn how to pack a gift basket with some gift basket decoration ideas.
I love creating gift baskets for people. The possibilities are endless when it comes to gift basket ideas. With a little planning you can create some amazing gift baskets.
Other projects you might enjoy:
How to decorate a gift basket?
Gift baskets can go with every occasion, certain presents are absolutely theme oriented. If you are choosing the latter one, knowing your aim is most important as themes primarily belong to two segments:
- The classical one involving a birthday or anniversary or wedding or even holiday gifts.
- The other is more limited, specific to genres like movie, music, sport, thanksgiving caffeine lover or gifts of achievements and retirement.
With the desire set in mind, collecting the necessary items as gifts become easier.
Gift basket ideas
Let’s look at some gift basket ideas:
- Coffee lover
- Tea lover
- Movie lover
- Sports lover
- Spa day
- Baked goods
- Baking lover
- New mom
- BBQ lover
- Wine lover
- Meat, Cheese, and Crackers
- Garden lover
- Gamer lover
- Art basket
- Crafter basket
- Girls night
- Tech lover
But how to decorate a gift basket?
Again, this will depend on what you are gifting. It’s important to have certain items on hand to make sure you’re able to decorate a gift basket. Let me teach you how to decorate a gift basket with ease!
Supplies you’ll need to decorate a gift basket:
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. You can read my full disclosure here.
- Ribbon and bow (you can make your own or buy one)
- Basket grass
They also sell all in one basket kits you can purchase that will have all the supplies:
What do you put at the bottom of a gift basket?
To keep your items in view you’ll want to add something to the bottom of a gift basket. You can use:
- Plastic bags
- Small box
Then once you have the desired height add some basket grass over top to hide the “filler” at the bottom of the basket.
Check out the below mentioned easy tricks to decorate your gift basket:
- Patches of different colors always look trendy. Sewing a ribbon around has that inevitable appealing look.
- For a movie or a music lover, that basket can be decorated with notable cutouts from magazines and newspapers. A collage of quotes is always aesthetically appealing.
- If you are gifting a bonsai, try to spray painting the basket with the color of the plant. A uniform color to has its own constructive charm.
- Making bow ties and sticking them always look cute; while an addition of seashells can make your basket all the more enticing.
With the decoration done, the next important question which often daunts our minds is how to wrap a gift basket? Since our fascination with the outside is inherently hereditary, wrapping up your gift basket is another important aspect.
- Kinds of cellophane are always the obvious choice but the choice of color must be diligently done.
- Newspaper-wrap always has the classic look. Try painting it with coffee color to give an antique touch.
- A patchwork made from used clothes giving you a combination of colors is an unconventional approach. You must be careful with the stitching though!
The inexpensive yet priceless ideas
If you are running short on your budget, you can implement cheap homemade gift basket ideas to surprise your beloveds. Used paint-cans is always an available option. A garden hose can be coiled in the form of a basket.
You can also create a basket out of used jeans with proper shredding as base and stitching. Baskets also look great when made out of hand-made paper which again comes at inexpensive prices.
Old cardboard boxes stored from buying clothes can look funky when assembled together. Even polystyrene plates also serve as gift baskets! You just need to know how to bend.
Decoration must be clutter free to become aesthetically appealing. Though randomness is not always a preferable choice unless you are an expert, a systematic chalking out of what you want to do or gift stands important.
I hope that these gift basket decorating ideas have inspired you to decorate some gift baskets. Gift baskets are a gift loved by all.