Making DIY crafts is something that I love to do. This tutorial about how to make a gift bag out of wrapping paper is a perfect example. This DIY gift bag is so easy to make and I think are even cuter than store-bought options. You’ll be saving money on wrapping from here on out when you learn how to make gift bags from wrapping paper.
A gift is an intimate object that a person gives to another person out of love and friendship. It is quintessential that the gift that one is giving not only represents these values, but also looks like it. Thereby giving a gift which is poorly wrapped or shows traces of negligence can be considered an improper etiquette. However, sometimes it becomes very difficult to wrap a gift properly, owing to its shape or size. That is why you must know how to make a gift bag out of wrapping paper so that such troubles become a story of the past. These DIY gift bags are easy and can elevate the look of your gift giving.
Other Fun Projects To Try
Why should you create gift bags out of wrapping paper?
Finding a suitable wrapping technique for some objects can prove to be a difficult situation owing to their shapes and sizes. Furthermore, getting a fancy gift bag from the shop can poke a hole in your pocket owing to their exorbitant prices. Although the price is not an important aspect while buying a gift, not everybody has the same budget or means. Knowing how to create a gift bag from wrapping paper solves these problems. For starters, they can easily hold within them oddly shaped objects, just like a bag should and secondly, being made out of wrapping paper they are very cheap as compared to their store counterparts. So if you are hoping to learn this helpful trick, you are in the right place.
Below is a video tutorial showing you how to make a gift bag out of wrapping paper.
Supplies you’ll need to make a gift bag out of wrapping paper are:
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. You can read my full disclosure here.
- Wrapping Paper (Use the strong variants which have a scrapbook paper like feel. You can also paste two papers on top of one another to create a sturdier base.)
- Double sided tape
- Decorative Ribbon
- Rectangle Hole Puncher
- A large flat surface to work on
How to make a gift bag out of wrapping paper
Steps to make a DIY gift bag:
1) Lay down the wrapping paper on top of the flat surface and then place the odd-shaped object on top of it. Cover the object with the wrapping paper, making sure that enough is used to cover the object entirely. Measure that length and cut the wrapping paper accordingly after adding an inch to both the ends. This allows the gift bag to have extra space than what is required.
2) Lay down the wrapping paper on the flat surface and fold both the left and right sides such that they meet in the middle with one side overlapping the other. Use tape to seal the seam.
3) Take one end of the cylinder that you have created and separate the two different parts of the paper and flatten them out, such that a diamond like-shape is created.
4) Fold in the top and bottom parts of the diamond that you had created and tape them in place. This would serve as the base of your gift bag.
5) Now open the bag and fold the other end of the cylinder towards the back. Once that is done, use the Hole Puncher to punch two holes into the wrapping paper.
6) Attach a ribbon through these holes to serve as the handle of the bag. You can also stick other decorative items like bows and beads to make the bag look fancier.
7) An optional step is to hem the top seam so you don’t see a raw edge. To do that simply add some double sided tape to the top and fold it over. This will create a clean edge.
How to make a gift bag out of wrapping paper short video tutorial
Here’s a short tutorial showing you exactly how to make a gift bag out of wrapping paper.
Your DIY gift bag is customizable
Now that you have learned how to make a gift bag out of wrapping paper, surprise your family and friends by gifting them a wonderful present, wrapped in a bag that beams of intimacy and personal touch.