Duvet covers are a wonderful way to dress up your bedding and bedroom. However, putting on a duvet cover can be tricky. In this post, I’ll show you how to put on a duvet cover. This is the easiest way to put on a duvet cover by yourself in minutes.
Other ways to freshen up your home
- How to Get Your Home Ready for Summer
- How to Organize Your Home in 10 Simple Steps
- How to Grow Lavender
Doing your weekly laundry is a chore that has to be done. You may be dreading doing your bedding because having to put on your duvet cover seems impossible. Well, I’m here to tell you a simple way to do this all by yourself.
I’ve also put a video together showing you exactly how easy it is.
How do I put on a duvet cover?
The easiest way to put on a duvet cover for any size mattress is the following:
- Lay duvet cover over your mattress inside out.
- Lay your comforter on top of your duvet cover.
- If you have ties, tie your duvet cover to your comforter (I explain below why this is important).
- Start at the head of the bed, roll both the comforter and the duvet cover together towards the foot of the bed.
- Once you’re at the end, invert the duvet cover opening around the ends of both sides of the bundle.
- Unroll the bundle in the opposite direction (towards the head of the bed).
- Fluff the comforter and duvet cover to release any folds.
- Button or zip the duvet cover closed.
What is the fastest way to put a duvet cover on?
The above instructions are the fastest and easiest way to put on a duvet cover. These instructions allow you to put on a duvet cover without any help/
What are the ties on the cover for?
Some duvet covers come with ties or clips. These are to hold the comforter in place so the corners don’t shift around or bunch up inside the cover.
How do I keep my liner from bunching up?
To prevent your duvet cover from bunching up, you’ll want to make sure that your corners are lined up, use the corner ties (if applicable), and fluff out any folds when making your bed.
Do you use a top sheet with a duvet cover?
Yes, I do. A top sheet will protect your duvet cover from staining over time. This is a protective barrier between you and your comforter/duvet cover.
The next time you are needing to wash your bedding I hope it is easier for you when you put on your duvet cover.