If laundry room decor is what you are eyeing at…
Why laundry signs?
- Laundry room signs can make the decor of your laundry room.
- If the signs come with quotes, it can invoke your thoughts and feelings.
- Some signs can make you smile every time you use or enter the laundry room.
- The look can be visually appealing or aesthetic, rather than having a simple plain wall.
- You can make wall designs for your laundry as per your taste. It need not be all about washing and drying, you can, in fact, make it a vintage display for you to appreciate every day.
- Laundry room signs are an ideal way to add beauty to each new day.
With wonderful art designs, you will no more feel frustrated to enter your laundry room.
If you want to go easy and want to complete with the laundry sign quickly, well, there are some easy wood projects that you could go with. Here is one such project especially for those of you who have a love for wood decor. You will not need expensive or sophisticated tools for this, simple tools will do.
You will need the following things to make a simple, wooden laundry room sign:
- 1x6x6 cedar plank- you will create a design on this plank
- A drill ( 1/2″ drill bit)
- Letter stencils
- White craft paint
- Foam brush and Painters tape
Check for the items you might already have before you go out to buy. This will bring down your expenses. Craft paint and stain last long, so it is not a worry if you buy them in large quantities. You can easily purchase a rope at any local store or on Amazon. Cedar planks cost you around $1.50 and can give a distressed look to your laundry room art once it is sanded.
Start making your laundry room art!
- Stain the cedar plank with a dark stain such as espresso. After you have applied it, let it dry for at least 1.5-2 hours. If you use a stain poly combo instead of dark stain, it will take much longer to completely dry. Once you are convinced that it is dry, sand the cedar plank. You will get a distressed look. If your laundry room is white or finished in light colors, you better let it be as it is, you need not sand, and the contrast looks magnificent.
- Now, tape the letters on the cedar plank and paint the letters with a foam brush. Use paint in appropriate quantities to get the desired look.
- Wait for the paint to entirely dry, it might perhaps, take an hour or so. Now, remove the stencils and drill 2 holes at the top of the cedar plank. Let them be perfect and on the same line.
- Cut a piece of rope 12-13″ long, thread the rope through and tie knots at both the ends so that you could hang the laundry sign on the wall or from the ceiling.
Your simple laundry room sign is ready! Now you have got an idea on how to create simple wall decor for laundry rooms, you can try making more. With these easy laundry art, you and your family can indeed admire your laundry room that would otherwise have been boring and unexciting!
Was this not an easy and simple beginner project? Laundry room signs can be great pieces of art too. You can also make numerous laundry room signs and replace them every week or once in a fortnight. This will also give a new and fresh look.
Are you ready to beautify your laundry room?