Your laundry room may not be an extensively inhabited part of your home. Your guests and visitors may also not get a peek in there, but it still is an indispensable part of your home. This is the very place where you carry out one of your most important chores, without which you would find yourself living amidst dirty, stinky clothes and that too 24/7. We all know this, which is why none of us can ignore the importance of the laundry room. However, do we do enough to make sure that this room lives up to its full potential?
One of the primary issues with laundry rooms is a lack of storage space in spite of the fact that a lot goes into these rooms. This can result in an unorganized mess of dirty laundry, cleaning supplies, and whatnot which truly calls for a DIY tutorial on building laundry room cabinets to deal with the issue of a messy laundry room.
This blog aims to provide you with all the information you need on how to build laundry rooms cabinets to effectively solve your laundry rooms’ storage issues. You can rest assured that all the information you will receive in this blog will effectually help you in organizing your laundry room issues. The information in the blog includes a shopping list, cut list, and a comprehensive step by step tutorial on building these cabinets from scratch.
DIY Tutorial for Laundry Room Wall-Mounted Storage Cabinets
Before we can commence with a tutorial for building sturdy, efficient, and aesthetic wall-mounted storage cabinets for your laundry room, listed below are all the items you would actually need to complete this project.
- Wood glue;
- Kreg Jig;
- Stud Finder;
- 4 Hinges;
- 1″ finishing nails;
- 4×4 1/4″ plywood;
- Eyes and Ear Protection;
- Chalkboard spray paint;
- Miter Saw;
- 2″ drywall screws
Once you have all these supplies, you can start by building your very own wall-mounted laundry room storage cabinets. Below you’ll find a video tutorial showing the whole process.
- Start by cutting the 1*12 into 2 with the knowledge that you need 5 of these appropriately sized for the top, bottom, sides, and middle shelves.
- Continue by drilling pocket holes in 3 of the 5 boards.
- Follow it up with the assembling part of this DIY tutorial wherein you need wood glue, the woodcut, and 18 11/2” pocket hole screws.
- Apply wood glue to the ends of the boards and follow it up by screwing them to top and sides together. Repeat till you have your cabinet assembled.
- Once you have the frame of your cabinet in place, you need to construct and add the doors. For this, you will need 1*3’s and some plywood for the assembling process.
- Start with two pocket holes to the top and bottom of the side wood pieces and follow it up with wood glue and screws to assemble the doors.
- You can spray chalkboard paint on the doors to add some color to your wall-mounted laundry room cabinets.
- You can also paint the cabinet itself with the same or a different color. Here is where your taste and personal preference comes into play.
- Once your doors are ready and the paint has dried, you can start the process of attaching the doors to the cabinet frame to complete your cabinet. You can do this with 1” nails and some hinges.
- All that is left now is attaching the cabinets to the walls by screwing the cabinet to the wall and using a level to make sure you have mounted the cabinet straight.
Check out the full tutorial so you can build your own laundry room cabinets.
Advantages of Building these Cabinets Yourself
If you are wondering why you should put in all this effort to build these cabinets yourself, here is a list of the reasons for you to do so.
- The entire project takes 4 hours to complete
- All items needed for this DIY project are easily available at your local hardware store
- DIY wall-mounted cabinets are so much cheaper than having someone build them for you. Additionally, you can customize these cabinets according to your needs. They can be bigger smaller, larger, or shorter in width or breadth.
- You definitely need these cabinets to ensure that your laundry room is better organized and not an unsightly mess.
Organizing your laundry room with the help of DIY wall-mounted cabinets ensures that you can easily store all essentials and cleaning supplies out of sight, yet easily find them when you need them.
Thank you so much for stopping by. If you decided to make one, I would love to see photos! Have an amazing day.