These addicting Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars are hard to put down. Adapted from my classic peanut butter cookies, these are the easiest cookies you’ll ever make.Jump to Recipe
It’s no lie that I have a sweet tooth. One of my favorite snacks to bring with me on a run is peanut butter m&m’s. One of my favorite cookies is peanut butter cookies so I decided to combine 2 of my favorite things to create an epic sweet treat.
These peanut butter chocolate chip bars are a dense cookie bar that combines two amazing dessert flavors peanut butter and chocolate.
Table of contents
Ingredients you’ll need:
This recipe is an adaptation of my classic chewy peanut butter cookies recipe with a few added ingredients to make peanut butter cookies to the next level.
- All-Purpose Flour – This is regular flour that you’ll stock in your pantry. No need to buy special flour for cookies!
- Sugar and Brown Sugar – The use of brown sugar will help soften up your cookie bars.
- Baking Soda and Baking Powder – This is your levening which will help rase your cookie bars and keep them from turning into bricks.
- Butter and Peanut Butter – These are the fats you’ll use for your cookie bars.
- Vanilla extract and salt – Flavor enhansers.
- Balsamic Vinegar – I use this in place of an egg. I also love the added rich flavor it adds to the cookies.
- Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter M&M’s – These bring these cookies to the next level!
How to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
You’ll make these peanut butter chocolate chip bars almost like regular cookies. Here are the steps to take to make these delicious cookie bars:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a square 8×8 pan add a piece of parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine the sugars, butter, and peanut butter with a hand mixer. Mix until they are well combined.
- Add in the vinegar and vanilla extract. Mix until the sugar has disolved completely. This might take a minute or two.
- In another bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients mixing well.
- Once the wet and dry ingredients are combined, fold in the chocolate chips and half of the peanut butter m&m’s.
- Place the cookie dough into the 8×8 pan and press the dough into the corners until the dough is evenly distributed throughout the pan.
- Press in the remaining peanut butter m&ms’s to the top of the cookie dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
How do I store the cookie bars?
Store the leftover cookie bars in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 10 days.
What substitutions can I make?
- You can substitute the M&M’s you use. I love the extra peanut butter flavor.
- I used crunchy peanut butter for the recipe and you can use creamy. The crunchy peanut butter gives an added crunch.
- Feel free to use an egg instead of the balsamic vinegar.
More recipes you might enjoy:
If you tried this recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip cookie bars, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who have made my recipes.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
These addicting Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars are hard to put down. Adapted from my classic peanut butter cookies, these are the easiest cookies you'll ever make.
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter I use crunchy
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter m&m's
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Either add a piece of parchment paper or use cooking spray on an 8×8 baking pan. Set aside.
In a bowl combine the butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix until well combined.
Add in the vanilla extract and balsamic vinegar. Mix until the sugars have dissolved.
In a small bowl combine the flour and baking powder
Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
Once the wet and dry ingredients are combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and half of the peanut butter m&m's
Add the cookie dough to the prepared 8×8 baking pan. Pressing the dough out so it's flat and reaches the corners.
Using the remaining peanut butter m&m's press them into the top.
Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.