If you love peanut butter cookies and soft and chewy cookies you are going to love this recipe for soft peanut butter cookies. This peanut butter cookies recipe makes the best soft and chewy peanut butter cookies you’ll ever eat. Enjoy after dinner or as an after-school snack.
Soft Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
When it comes to cookies I’m a fan of all different types. I’m not sure I’ve come across a cookie I haven’t loved. This recipe for soft peanut butter cookies is a must-try. Not only are they soft and chewy they’re also sweet and buttery the perfect combination when looking for a cookie recipe.
I forgot to mention that these cookies are really easy to make, no chilling is required. These cookies come together in one bowl and are ready to enjoy in under 20 minutes.
Ingredient you’ll need:
To make these soft and chewy peanut butter cookies you’ll need a handful of pantry and fridge staples. Here are the following ingredients you’ll need:
- All-purpose flour – No need for fancy flours, I love to use all-purpose flour for all of my cookie recipes.
- Butter and peanut butter – Try for unsalted butter this way you can control the sodium in your cookies. If you have regular butter or margerine use that. As for the peanut butter I like to use crunchy peanut butter for these cookies.
- Regular and brown sugar – The brown sugar is key to helping your cookies coming out soft and chewy.
- Egg – Extra fat to help bind all of the ingredients together. You can also substitute 1 tbsp of balsalmic vinegar if you are out of eggs or live in an egg-free house.
- Baking powder – The baking powder is what will help your cookies rise and come out soft and chewy.
- Salt and vanilla extract – Your flavor enhansers. If you’re using salted butter you can omit the salt. Especially if you’re using salted peanut butter.
- Powdered sugar – this is used to help form the cookies with a crisscross shape. Dip the fork into a little bit of powdered sugar so the fork won’t get stuck to the cookie dough.
How to make soft peanut butter cookies
Making this recipe for soft peanut butter cookies is quite simple, follow along below or you can print off the full ingredient list and instructions below in the recipe card.
step 1: preheat and prepare
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
Step 2: Dry Ingredients
Sift the flour and baking powder together then set aside.
Step 3: Cream butter and sugars
Cream butter and both sugars in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment for 4-5 mins until light
Step 4: add peanut butter
Add peanut butter into the butter mixture and mix together until just incorporated.
Step 5: Add Egg
Add the egg and vanilla to the butter mixture. Then mix until just combined.
Step 6: Add dry ingredients
Add the sifted flour mixture to the dough and stir until just incorporated.
Step 7: Form cookies
Using a cookie scooper, roll dough into one-inch balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Then flatten cookies with a fork in a crisscross pattern. I recommend using a bit of powdered sugar so your fork doesn’t stick to the cookie dough.
Step 8: Bake
Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees F. Once done cooking allow your cookies to cool for about 5 minutes.
Equipment used for soft peanut butter cookies:
- Parchment Lined Baking Sheet – You can also use a silcone liner instead of parchment paper.
- Hand or Stand Mixer – Either will work well. You’ll want to use your paddle attachement.
- Small Cookie Scooper – These look like a ice cream scooper but smaller. If you don’t have one spoons will work well too!
- Fork – This is for pressing down the cookies in a crisscross pattern.
How to store peanut butter cookies
If you have any left after making these place them in an air-tight container and they’ll last up to 10 days on the counter.
You can make this cookie dough ahead of time and place them in the freezer to bake another time. To do this follow steps 2-7. Then place your formed cookies into a freezer-safe container to bake later. You can store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To bake after freezing place your formed cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet and allow your cookies to thaw completely. This can take up to an hour. Then bake as normal.
Other posts you might enjoy:
If you tried this recipe for soft peanut butter cookies, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who have made my recipes.
Recipe For Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
If you love peanut butter cookies and soft and chewy cookies you are going to love this recipe for soft peanut butter cookies. This peanut butter cookies recipe makes the best soft and chewy peanut butter cookies you'll ever eat. Enjoy after dinner or as an after-school snack.
- 1 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- Powdered sugar see notes
Preheat oven to 350
Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside
Cream butter and both sugars in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment for 4-5 mins until light and fluffy
Add peanut butter and mix until just incorporated
Add in the egg and vanilla, mixing until just combined
Add the sifted flour mixture until just incorporated
Using a cookie scooper, roll dough into one-inch balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet
Flatten cookies with a fork in a crisscross pattern
Bake for 8-10 min
Allow cookies to cool on a baking sheet
Use powdered sugar on the fork before pressing into the dough to avoid sticking.
This cookie is very soft and not crunchy at all
If you prefer a slightly firmer peanut butter cookie, let them cool on the tray for 5 mins then
move to a drying rack