While an earlier post on this blog emphasized on the benefits of having a weekly meal plan, how to plan, and execute weekly meals, and how to shop in advance with a weekly meal plan in mind, this blog post aims to explore the subject of weekly meal planning further with actual recipes and meal ideas that can be included in your weekly meal plan.
The goal here is to facilitate the idea of a weekly meal planning with recipes that make for delicious meals with minimal prep time, special recipes when you are looking to cook a special meal, quick-prep dinner recipes and crock pot-supper recipes. Read further to know more.
Recipes for your weekly meal plan
One of the biggest struggles is getting recipes together for your weekly meal plan. I can show you how to put your meal plan together but it’s up to you to execute it. I’ve listed 30 recipes that you can use for your crock pot, instant pot, or just wholesome dinners made easily with budget ingredients.
Delicious Crockpot Recipes
Crockpot meals are popular owing to the fact that they are slowly cooked, need little or no supervision while cooking, and take up negligent prep-time. Most often crock pot cooking involves throwing together meats and vegetables to create delicious stews and soups. As mentioned earlier, crock pot meals need little prep and little or no supervision during the cooking process.
As such, crock pot meals are best added to your weekly meal plan on days when you are sure to find yourself busy, out of the home for extended periods of time, and you have little time to spend in the kitchen.
For example; if you need to attend your kid’s school play in the evening, put on your crock pot for a slow-cooked meal that takes about 4 to 6 hours and then come home to a ready dinner. Given below is a list of 10 crock pot recipes that are sure to make for excellent meals.
- A whole chicken in coconut milk recipe that is flavored and fragrant and borrows heavily from Thai cuisine.
- A slow cooker white chicken chili recipe which is best cooked with any type of boneless chicken.
- Beef brisket cooked in a crock pot
- Chicken Burrito bowls cooked in a crock pot
- Delicious Italian-American Chicken Masala cooked in crock pot
- Honey Teriyaki Chicken cooked in a crock pot
- A delicious crockpot curried vegetable and chickpea stew
- A delicious Panade with beans, sausages, and Swiss chard
- General Tso’s Chicken in a crockpot
- Exotic Tikka Masala in a crockpot.
Many individuals turn to weekly meals plans with the aim of healthy eating. To meet this need we have a link to 10 healthy budget meals that are low on carbs and calories and are wholesome dinner meals made from easily available and budget ingredients.
This list includes budget and healthy dinner meals such as:
- Skillet Sausage and white beans with spinach
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- Slow-cooker Hamburger Minestrone
- Three Bean Turkey Chili
- Baked Chicken Teriyaki
- White Chicken Chili
- Italian Turkey Meatball Subs
- Slow-Cooker Caribbean Pork
- Baked Chicken Taquitos
- Sausage White Bean and Kale Stew
Click on the mini-link under each image on the page to get to the actual recipe.
Instant Pot Recipes
On some day you just might want to make an instant meal and that’s just fine. Instant meals can be equally delicious as meals you spend much time preparing and all you need is an instant pot. Listed below are 10 brilliant instant pot recipes that make for delicious meals, saves on cooking time and are perfect additions to your weekly meal plan.
Here is a list of instant pot recipes:
- Healthy and Delicious Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
- Instant Pot Noodle Soup with Chicken and Veggies
- Instant Pot Chilli-Lime Sauce Salmon
- Delectable Chicken that Falls Off the Bone
- Tortellini Soup
- Salsa Chicken Tacos
- Baked Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas
- Orange Chicken
- Classic Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
There are multiple benefits to having an instant pot in your kitchen if you do not already have one. The delicious recipes listed above are enough reasons to invest in an instant pot. However, the fact that you can make great meals in little time is a definitive plus point. These meals are definitely worth adding to your weekly meal plans if you are a working mom or single lady with a job and you get back home in a rush to cook a meal.
In conclusion, all of these delicious recipes listed above are ideal additions to your weekly meal plans. They are easy to cook, budget-friendly, and most importantly save time without compromising on taste. This blog just handed you 30 recipes to nail your weekly meal plans.
I really hope that you found this post helpful. Thank you so much for stopping by. Have an amazing day.